Insurance (major French mutual insurance company)
Support the client’s team focused on underwriting health insurance policies, add new functionalities to the customer website, maintain the mainframe system, identify use cases, and prioritise functionalities according to their value
We provided support to a team responsible for underwriting individual and supplementary health insurance policies within the P&C unit of one of France's leading insurance companies.
Our mission was to add new functionalities to the customer website and maintain the mainframe system, identify use cases and prioritise functionalities according to their value.
We also wrote the acceptance criteria for the user stories to guarantee the relevance of the deliverables and customer satisfaction.
- Contributing to defining the product vision and managing the backlog;
- Capture business expectations: requirements, use cases and prioritisation by value;
- Identifying user needs and designing user stories;
- Checking the technical consistency of the product through the development teams;
- Drafting acceptance criteria for user stories and validating the test strategy;
- Collaborating on the scoping of subjects and monitoring work;
- Collecting and consolidating workload and cost estimates;
- Contributing to the identification of risks and proposing solutions to problems.
Keys to success
- Product ownership: our in-depth knowledge of insurance and underwriting enabled us to play a key role in defining the product vision and steering the backlog in close collaboration with the underwriting team. We also captured business expectations, identified user needs and designed relevant user stories, taking into account acceptance criteria;
- Lean management and agility: we applied a lean and agile approach to ensure smooth and efficient execution of the project. We worked closely with the development teams to check the technical consistency of the product and validate the testing strategy. We also contributed to the scoping of subjects and monitored the work to ensure it was delivered on time and on budget;
- Design thinking: we adopted a user-centered approach to design user stories that met users' expectations and optimised their experience. We collected and analysed user needs.