- Sports retail
- 40 stores in Portugal
- First store opened in 2000
- 2000 employees in Portugal
- Over 1700 stores in more than 70 countries
- Development of an application that allows Decathlon’s customers to rent their products.
The solution involved the development of 3 major components, with well-defined purposes:
- Back-office: a web application for Decathlon’s employees, which facilitates the management of the product rental business. It allows them to manage several extremely important areas, such as: customers, stores, products, stock, orders, invoicing, employees, product availability calendar, dashboards, configurations;
- Client Back-office: web application for Decathlon’s clients, which allows them to access their rental requests and respective payments, as well as to follow their order in real-time;
- Front-office: web application for all Decathlon’s clients. This is where clients can make their rental requests and create the respective payment orders. This component is considered the online shop for the rental order products.
Agile approach with Scrum and XP techniques.
- Front-end: React.js
- Back-end: PHP 8.0; Framework Laravel
- Database: MySQL
- Integration with the payment provider Stripe
- Integration with Google API
- Integration with the invoicing system Sendys
Decathlon experienced an increase in the number of rental requests.
The fact that all the information is centralised and properly automated has enabled Decathlon to achieve greater visibility and to be aware of which products are the most profitable.
Time and resources
The project lasted for 15 months. The team involved included:
- Project Manager
- Functional Analyst
- 1 Tech Lead
- 1 Front-end Developer
- 3 Back-end Developers
Images of the product
The Front-office can be found on the following web page: https://aluguer.decathlon.pt